Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's Official

The torture of keeping this secret is finally ended, because it's now official - I'M GOING TO THAILAND!!!!! ^_^

John Baxter from AFM called me a couple months ago with an urgent need - a homeschool teacher for the children of a young missionary couple in Thailand. After much prayer, I accepted the call.

Now, let the challenges begin. The first $1,700 of $5,000 is due in just 10 days. The rest is due by August 15.  Then, there's the language... Then, the challenge of trying to teach two active little boys, when I've had only one class on such things - "Intro to Teaching" - 6 years ago. Am I in over my head? Perhaps so. But by holding God's hand, I can walk on water, just like Peter. Where challenges abound, God's grace much more abounds. I'm excited. :)

Contact me for more info on how you can help with this project! I'd love to answer any questions you might have. You can email me at studentmissionary05@gmail.com or call me at (828) 837-4219.

I look forward to seeing how God is going to work!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rachel! That's great to hear! Praying it all goes well! (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't get to stay here too long without meeting up with us! When do you come?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably be getting there (Bangkok) in early September, and probably will be there at least 9 months. It would be so nice to meet up with you!!! I hope it will work out.

      Delete
  3. Hey Roomie, where in Thailand are you heading?.. I'm there right now. but I'll be gone before September.
    God bless! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roomie!!! :D I'm going to Bangkok first, then I'll be moving to Khon Kaen after language training is completed. Too bad we'll be missing each other!

    ReplyDelete